In the past few months of 2018, I felt overwhelmed by the numerous options available in the market and started to gravitate towards becoming less materialistic and more minimal. This changed my perspective on physical things and made me more conscious of my spending habits. I also realised that, especially through my travels, that I don’t need a lot of things to survive. In fact, having a concise and well thought out collection of things were making me much happier. Thus, an idea came to me when I flew back from Australia which I am going to embark on in the month of December and in 2019.
To start, this will be the order of categories that I will be tackling over the next few months (starting from the easiest aka the category of products I use the least) and I thought I would share with you the ones that survived the purge, hopefully it will be something you’d be interested in! Do note that mascaras aren’t included as I generally always have less than 10. And yes, I kinda cheated with some of the categories, I know!But slow and steady, right?
- bronzers (both cream and powder; should be easy since I rarely do wear it)
- foundations (this includes powder foundations, liquid foundations and cushions)
- single eyeshadows and pigments (the hardest ones to clear would probably be my colourpop ones!)
- brow products
- blushes (both liquid and powder but ok, I have to be honest, this is tough so this does not include highlighter palettes)
- highlighters (once again, both liquid and powder but not considering highlighter palettes!)
- eyeshadow palettes
- bold lipsticks (I have to split up my lipsticks into two categories as this is the ultimate challenge as I have over 60. Some are limited edition and it hurts my lil heart to part with it but…)
- natural lipsticks
- concealers (both cream and liquid, oh boy!)