So after my 26 before 26 list that helped to push me to achieve my goals (no matter how little), I am going to make this a thing in my life and viola, here’s my 27 things to do before I turn 27!
- Become debt free
- I tried my best to pay a much larger sum monthly sum this year, but it still did not managed to completely eliminate my student loan! I planned to repay the remainder with a lump sum at the end of the year but due to my decision to do a yoga teacher training in November, I think that will have to wait.
- Find a charity or cause that I believe in and donate money regularly
Invest in REITS and expand my investment portfolio
- Travel to 2 new places
- (I managed to visit Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali and Ho Chi Minh this year! Such amazing places!)
Start doing more classes on Skillshare
- I’m proud of myself and of the classes I’ve created this year. If you’re interested, please check out my makeup classes here!
- Wake up and leave my bed by 0800 daily
- I succeeded on some days but there are some days where I’m just crawling out half past nine…
- Learn conversational French (yes, it’s back on this list again as I did not manage to get to this goal last year)
- I tried to watch some videos (French with Alexa is really good!) but I didn’t manage to incorporate all the lessons seamlessly. It’ll be on the list next year too.
- Save up and get a new bed frame
- Decided not to do so as I grew to appreciate my bed frame!
Learn a new skill (I have so many things that I want to learn! I might do a post on that soon)
- This year, I went for a pottery, Vietnamese cooking class and a Dim Sum making class. While I may not be an expect in either, I’d consider it as learning something!
Put plans in motion to start a business
- I started a little Etsy shop called Typornagraphy this year. It features minimalist typography posters with inspirational quotes I got from books I’ve read or through videos I’ve watched. Please check it out if you’re interested!
- Constantly back up my phone and laptop to my hard drive
Master the tree pose in yoga (as I lose my balance so easily)
- Get PADI certified
- I decided to get Yoga Alliance certified this year instead, so maybe next year!
Make healthier food choices when cooking and eating out
- I have been making more plant based dishes after my trip to Bali and have been loving it so far. I also have been incorporating more vegetables into my dishes!
Read on public transport instead of using my phone (I finally got myself a Kindle to help with this goal and the one after)
- Read at least 12 books (books I’ve read so far:)
- The Restful Mind (Gyalwa Dokhampa)
- The Urban Monk (Pedram Shojal)
- Love For Imperfect Things (Haemin Sunim)
- You Are A Badass at Making Money (Jen Sincero)
- Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life (Gisele Bündchen)
- The Compound Effect (Darren Hardy)
- The 5 Am Club (Robin Sharma)
- Perfectly Imperfect (Baron Baptiste)
- Do Your Om Thing (Rebecca Pacheco)
- Good Vibes, Good Life (Vex King)
- The Art Of Living (Thich Nhat Hanh)
Master new dishes for meal prep
- I’ve learnt how to make tempeh curries and vegan stir fry dishes recently!
- Journal at least once a week to reflect on the week as well as the goal for the next
Switch to more eco friendly products
- I have my reusable bag with me for grocery shopping, my portable bubble tea cover and my silicon cup for coffee!
- There’s more to be done but this is a good start.
Drink more milk to strengthen the bones
- I have been drinking a green smoothie daily since April and have been incorporating plant based milk!
Actually use an expense tracker and stop relying on my mental abilities to track my expenses
- This has been pretty successful as I managed to find a fuss free expense tracking app! It’s called Quick Money Recorder. It makes recording down expenses for the various categories really easy and I highly recommend it.
Be more friendly and sociable (like I usually am on holiday! I find that I tend to be more introverted and less likely to strike up a conversation when I am back home) Clear out the room and embrace minimalistic design
- There’s definitely more to declutter but I’m quite pleased with how much I’ve cleared so far!
- Eating mindfully with no phone or book
- I did try to do this as much as I can but I think it can be improved.
Project 10 everything! (You can read more about that here!)
- I’m quite proud of how much I’ve decluttered! While I did keep 10 things for most categories, I feel that I could eliminate more. Regardless, I’m quite proud with my progress so far.
Organise the kitchen and pantry
- I reorganised my coffee, smoothie and spices area. I think that counts!
- Went for a surf and yoga retreat in Bali! It was a wonderful experience.